The Children's Choir was established on March 2, 2014.
It is the First Arab-American children's choir in Massachusetts.
We introduce children 6-14 years old to the language and culture through folkloric,
contemporary and modern Arabic music and songs.
Currently and because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, The Choir meets Online over Zoom from 5:10 to 6:10 pm on Sundays.
According to CAC Arabic School Calendar between Sept. 20, 2020 and May 23, 2021.
Zoom link will be emailed to registered student. Choir will return to in-person rehearsals at CAC Arabic School when the pandemic is over.Click Here to Register for the Fall Semester of Full Year (Fall and Spring) Click Here to Register for Spring Semester
Choir Open House August 13, 2021 at 6:30 pm
- Introduce Arab-American youths to the Arabic and Middle Eastern music, musicians and singers.
- Learn about Arabic quarter tones and singing styles.
- Introduce Arabic and Middle Eastern music to American society at large.
- Encourage children and teenagers from all backgrounds to join irrespective of speaking Arabic.
- Carry on concerts around Massachusetts and beyond to spread the word about the rich Arabic musical heritage.
- For those who are interested in practicing their Arabic language skills the choir is a fun and contemporary method to build stronger knowledge of Arabic.
- Singing in harmony and a cappella will enrich the children and teenagers’ musical background.
MEET THE DIRECTOR
Ms. Alma Richeh will be teaching this class.
She has studied classical Arabic and opera singing in Syria.
For 8 years she was the conductor of Al Farah Choir, a national choir in Damascus, Syria.
Ms. Richeh conducted the Farah Choir’s youth’s division. She led the choir in many national and regional concerts,
among them were fundraising events for humanitarian causes and children’s rights.
- $150/student for the fall semester (15 classes)
- $300/ student for the full school year (30 classes)
For Questions please contact Ms. Alma Richeh directly at email@example.com.
To Register Online Please Click Here
To schedule auditions, contact Ms. Richeh at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prepare a simple song to perform in any language
- The conductor will play simple tunes and candidates will repeat them to decide which type of voice the candidate has (Soprano, Alto, Tenor or Bass)
- Auditioning will be conducted privately to allow the kids to sing freely. (It is not a test, but a way to get to know each child and hear their singing)