CAC Youth Choir!
CAC is pleased to introduce its new CAC Youth Choir!
The choir welcomes Youth 11 to 16 years old to sing in Arabic! (No previous knowledge in Arabic Language is required)
Choir members will the youth to Arabic music through folkloric, contemporary and modern Arabic music and songs.
All Rehearsals are in-Person!
Time: 3:30-4:30 pm
Location: 20 Old Colony Ave. Boston MA
- Introduce Arab-American youths to the Arabic and Middle Eastern music, musicians and singers.
- Learn about Arabic quarter tones and singing styles.
- Introduce Arabic and Middle Eastern music to American society at large.
- Encourage children and teenagers from all backgrounds to join irrespective of speaking Arabic.
- Carry on concerts around Massachusetts and beyond to spread the word about the rich Arabic musical heritage.
- For those who are interested in practicing their Arabic language skills the choir is a fun and contemporary method to build stronger knowledge of Arabic.
- Singing in harmony and a cappella will enrich the children and teenagers’ musical background.
MEET THE DIRECTOR
Ms. Alma Richeh has studied classical Arabic and opera singing in Syria.
For 8 years she was the conductor of Al Farah Choir, a national choir in Damascus, Syria.
Ms. Richeh conducted the Farah Choir’s youth’s division. She led the choir in many national and regional concerts,
among them were fundraising events for humanitarian causes and children’s rights.
- $250/student for the fall semester (15 classes)
- $500/ student for the full school year (30 classes)
For Questions please contact Ms. Alma Richeh directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Register Online Please Click Here
To schedule auditions, contact Ms. Richeh at email@example.com
- Prepare a simple song to perform in any language
- The conductor will play simple tunes and candidates will repeat them to decide which type of voice the candidate has (Soprano, Alto, Tenor or Bass)
- Auditioning will be conducted privately to allow the kids to sing freely. (It is not a test, but a way to get to know each child and hear their singing)